SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer be a part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Azure environments. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States.
The Sr. Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One Common Computing Environment (CCE) program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT operations. The candidate for this position may work anywhere in the United States. There is no requirement to work at a SAIC or customer site to support Cloud One.
Daily activities may include:
- Design AWS/Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to AWS/Azure
- Deploy Hybrid AWS/Azure AD environments
- AWS/Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, ARM templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience is required
- Minimum IAT II Certification (or equivalent) or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
- This position requires an in-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to AWS/Azure. Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, etc. are all part of the work performed in this role. Applicant should be comfortable talking about all aspects and features of AWS/Azure. In addition, this role requires a high level of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
- Documentation for projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation to customers is required. All aspects of the environment and deployment must also be documented for support and future implementations. Learnings and wisdom are documented in KB articles
- An AWS/Azure Engineer must have 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification and in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience supporting USAF or USA software development projects
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- SAFe DevOps certification
- Experience supporting software migration efforts
- MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
- Interim Secret Clearance with ability to obtain an active Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Note Top Secret meets SSBI requirements.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.