SAIC is searching for candidates to join a team of engineers supporting the Foreign Military Sales of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Missile System requirements within the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The successful candidate will perform systems engineering activities and subject matter expertise in support of the THAAD systems’ tactical employment.
- Interface with warfighter representatives; inclusion of warfighter inputs in THAAD system development
- Conduct analysis of new missile defense system threats
- Tracking Missile Defense System Phased Implementation Plan to ensure THAAD compliance
- Determining Cyber, Hardware and Software obsolescence mitigations for both US and FMS systems
- Integration of new Hardware & Software into the THAAD weapons system and emerging/legacy missile defense systems
- Leading and supporting system technical reviews
- Review performance, reports and deliverables from prime contractor.
- Provide insight and knowledge regarding THAAD system emplacement, initialization, and operator / organizational level system maintenance and services.
- Must be able to properly process briefings and other media in accordance with Foreign Disclosure requirements and regulations.
- This position requires a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical degree and 6+ years of related experience.
- Must possess an active Secret Clearance
- Hardware/Software integration experience
- Missile defense system threat modelling/analysis experience
- Support the development of critical system engineering and integration processes.
- Solid technical writing and presentation development capability
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Prior experience in the development and fielding of the THAAD System
- Digital and/or Model Based System Engineering experience