SAIC is seeking a Forensic Advisor to work with the Media Management Team (MMT) to upload and manage all media that arrives at NMEC. This position will be responsible for coordinating with all offices within NMEC to ensure that they have the media that they need in a timely manner. Participates in sending media to NMEC’s partners and retrieving media from those partners when necessary. Reviews errors and learns about the processes in place that automate the media ingestion and archive workflow.
Principal Duties include:
- Data entry of information about the media that has been received. This information is manually entered into multiple databases.
- Create forensic images of media received and copy forensic images to the network share.
- Learn and oversee the automated tools that ingest the media onto the network.
- Perform basic forensic triage of media to determine if it is a valid image.
- Periodically perform courier duties to retrieve or deliver media to/from partners.
- Scan documents to be able to upload them in a digital format.
- Normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Periodically required to carry a box of documents or media (up to 25lbs).
- Active or very recent (within past 24 months) TS/SCI security clearance, and willing and able to get a CI Poly.
- 0-5 years’ experience in DoD, Intelligence Community (IC), or Law Enforcement Agency and 2+ years of related experience.
- Computer Forensics and System Administrator familiarity.
- Proven experience and capability using computer forensic tools, at least one of the following: EnCase, FTK, XRY, Autopsy, and/or Cellebrite UFED.
- Microsoft or Computer Forensic Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Two years of related work experience may be substituted for one year of education).