SAIC is seeking an outstanding individual contributor to work in a team environment with the ability to understand client financial business needs and strategic direction.
This individual will partner with client areas within United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC) to understand their unique business needs and IT Investment details, providing aide and direction to ensure investments adhere to the guidance and standards set forth by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and USDA Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of budgeting, business cases, financial management and Information Technology (IT) Governance-related disciplines.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience developing relationships with and communicating with multiple levels of IT and business staff; working knowledge of financial management and project management techniques and methods is a plus.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of assigned client business areas and create enduring relationships with federal clients to become a trusted advisor providing ongoing support of FPAC financial management
- In support of USDA Financial Management, develop investment artifacts
- Track capital investment spend plans through requisitions, grants and Inter agency agreement processes
- Identifying/tracking commitments, obligations, accruals, actuals, etc.
- Assist with definition and reporting of actual results for investment specific operational metrics
- Financial analysis of complex budgeting data
- Support FPAC and business units in defining, compiling, and submitting annual IT budget requests
- Support FPAC and business units in documenting budgets, business cases and processes in support of IT projects
- Update financial information into shared Access Database
- Provide support for the implementation and documentation of the Farm Production and Conservation Financial Management process
- Support Appropriation Law and FPAC allocation processes
- Develop working FAR Contracting procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related technical discipline and 6+ years' Budget/Financial Management, Business Analysis, Project Management, Vendor Management or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communications
Ability to work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given Agency/investment and perform all functional duties independently
- Ability to adapt communication style to effectively work with multiple levels within an organization
- The ability to determine course of action to solve various problems related to supporting a business case and a client organization.
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting
- Ability to analyze data and trouble shoot discrepancies
- Ability to provide meaningful data analysis
- Ability to pass a government background investigation for public trust positions