Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the U.S. Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground system Warfighter operational capabilities for missile warning/missile tracking (MW/MT) and terrestrial and space based environmental monitoring (TEM/SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable Combatant Commanders (CCMDs) to successfully plan and execute global air, naval and troop movement mission objectives by providing mission-critical terrestrial weather data and monitoring the space and solar environmental impacts to our satellite communications and position, navigation and timing space systems.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer to act as our Architecture Management Lead with experience to conduct architectural capability analytical trades by designing and modeling the behavior of the ground and space segment systems required to deliver the next generation of capabilities for the USSF in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center. The position requires an individual with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) satellite systems, specifically for MW/MT and TEM/SBEM.
Major duties of the position include:
- Conducting Mission and Systems Engineering for current systems, definition of future capabilities, architecture framework definition and substantiation for MW/MT and TEM/SBEM solutions.
- Leading the development of algorithms, simulations, and assessments of key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system designs to quantify performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, Scenarios/Vignettes based on current and evolving threats.
- Leading mission capability area modeling, simulation and performance analysis of current and future candidate system solutions to provide decision-makers with the analytical rigor to select the most survivable and affordable architectural solutions.
- Performing capability assessments, requirements development, trade studies, candidate concept assessments and technology readiness level (TRL) maturity assessments to fill technology needs.
- Developing DoD MW/MT and TEM/SBEM capability area mission architectures that integrate with USSF, International and Commercial capabilities to deliver timely solutions to the Warfighter.
- Interfacing with USSF, NOAA, NASA, International, Commercial and SMC stakeholders to develop implementation strategies and capability area roadmaps.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Math, Science or Engineering with 12+ Years of demonstrated experience
- with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD systems with a proven delivery record.
- 5 years experience analyzing requirements, architecture, views for space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD programs.
- Strong understanding of modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience applying MBSE models, tools and techniques to capture system functions, services, interfaces, requirements, and concept of operations to support system design and supporting analysis activities.
- Experience with MW/MT and TEM/SBEM systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community
- Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI clearance
- Prior experience with the missile warning/missile tracking systems, NOAA, NASA, USSF, MDA, DoD, International and Commercial MW/MT and TEM/SBEM satellite programs.