Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the U.S. Air Force and Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to act as our Environmental Monitoring (Weather) Integration Lead with experience in Department of Defense (DoD), NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Environmental Monitoring (EM) Capability Area Integration Lead to assess current and future EM architecture and program requirements for the Space and Missile Systems Center Portfolio Architect’s office (SMC/ZA). Candidate needs experience with space and ground systems, broad application of the systems engineering disciplines, and the systems engineering lifecycle.
Major duties of the position include:
- Supporting system trades and analysis of DoD, commercial and allied capabilities to determine most cost effective architecture to deliver EM mission capabilities to the warfighter.
- Managing technical and programmatic interdependencies, identifying disconnects within these programs and between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc.), developing action plans to address disconnects
- Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of customer decision-making.
- Leading space and ground technical baseline change investigations to ensure each program meets system and architecture requirements.
- Developing products for risk boards, including setting meeting agendas, coordinating with meeting presenters, compiling risk briefings, and producing meeting minutes.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Math, Science or Engineering with 17+ Years of demonstrated experience in system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems
- Prior experience with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), DoD and Commercial Weather satellite programs to include: Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) and Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES-R).
- Candidate should have experience with space and terrestrial Weather systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Experience leading systems engineering activities in the development, transition to operations, operations and sustainment of complex satellite systems.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI clearance