Seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) based Systems Engineer Specialist for a position located in Aurora, Colorado area. The successful applicant must exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise, deliver continuity of effort, and demonstrate value-added judgment to advise senior customer leadership on program activities. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives, and facilitate customer focused IT infrastructure provisioning.
Position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Annual Compensation ~125,000.00
- Operate proactively with ability to lead and execute engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation.
- Serve as primary customer interface and advocate, affording cross-functional technical and relationship management to ensure mission success while maximizing service adoption.
- Proactively perform as organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance while assisting the culture shift toward the customer’s leadership vision.
- Understand relationship between the customer’s mission delivery schedules and IT service roadmaps.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Educate consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Perform as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps to support customer mission architecture.
- Help customers navigate through IT services ordering catalog and help customer determine how to properly order their requirements.
- Assist customers in escalating their service requirements as situations dictate the need for earlier delivery than planned.
- Help IT service providers stay aware of evolving site and mission specific requirements.
- Interface with Multi-Service Integrator to determine status of consumer service deliveries.
- Work with Multi-Service Integrator to facilitate Technical Exchange Meetings between IT service providers and consumers when delivered services do not fulfill consumer’s requirements.
- Relay consumer’s IT service challenges and concerns to seniors.
- Effectively perform in a team environment- with strong verbal and writing skills; efficient in interaction with senior government and contractor leads as well as working level components
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Domain knowledge in areas:
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Compute IT Services (Information Technology)
- Storage IT Services
- Networking IT Services
- Software IT Services
- Data Center IT Services
- Project Oversight Management
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.