Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year, we provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes. Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Familiar with regulations and industry codes and standards affecting complex engineering work within discipline
- Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of typical design features within discipline
- Knows how to develop all standard deliverables within discipline
- Familiar with effort required to prepare standard discipline deliverables and knows how to prepare standard engineering budgets and schedules within discipline
- Familiar with available Corporate resources and key individuals within discipline
- Knows how to perform all standard discipline activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity
- Generates and checks technical documents and deliverables related to business line technologies
- Understands work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects
- Keep the Chief Engineer, Assistant Project Engineer and Project Engineer regularly informed of technical activities, staffing, budgets and schedules
- Knows how to coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects, including constructability requirements/considerations and reviews
- Manages specifically assigned project deliverables
- Identifies and recommends work process improvement
- Reviews �lessons learned� data base for suitable application to tasks
- Participates in technical review meetings for conflict resolution in field and at suppliers
- Coordinates documentation with other disciplines and departments
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 10 years of experience designing offshore production facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Advanced MS 0ffice skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- P.E. License REQUIRED
- Experience with SACS, STAAD Pro, MathCAD, Autodesk Simulation Mechanical (formally ALGOR), and AutoCAD preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.