Overall Assignment Description: SAIC is seeking a Database Administrator III (SQL) to provide support for the Integration Division (TEFI) in Springfield, VA. Candidate will be critical to implementing successful configuration, security, and monitoring of the TFI databases. The contractor shall provide support for the CIO-T/TEF/TEFIC Integration Demand Branch Requirements on all domains are to:
Duties may include:
- Provide insight and advice regarding data, products, and services within the Future Experience Office.
- Provide regular database configuration, security, and monitoring while conducting studies analyzing the database schema in order to communicate the structures of TEFI data to potential customers.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and data providers to leverage knowledge to anticipate customer requirements and recommendations of GEOINT information.
- Support the Agency's overall mission including expediting crisis work and ad hoc tasking on various scheduled arrangements to support TEF leadership on emerging programs and projects to move the Customer Services and online delivery GEOINT forward.
- Assist in formulating strategic initiatives related to CIO-T/TEF/TEFI Future Experience Office.
- Provide assessments to identify effective initiatives and their processes. Develop strategies and identify measures and actions required to achieve and/or improve the Future Experience Office’s provided services.
- Provide customer service expertise and advice to ensure NGA’s three-tiered model is supportive of the full spectrum of GEOINT users.
- Develop iterations of dashboards with metrics information to assess existing site instrumentation data and develop implementation strategies.
- Establish an agile analytics process that provides better insight into ongoing analytic/data visualization activities.
- Provide an inventory of implemented and in-development dashboards. Maintain current dashboard backlog for implementation.
- Incorporate feedback and coordination with TEF partners to develop the next iteration of visualization dashboards.
- Identify the data visualization requirements of the dashboard to identify key NGA products and services used to support potential high priority operational activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related degree with 7 years of work related experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrate experience with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and Structured Query Language (SQL), general understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database.
- Demonstrate experience working with requestors to understand the purpose and content of requested reports, utilizing systems to create routine reports to meet user needs, and audits and analyzes data to verify quality and data integrity (balancing, control totals, quality checking).
- Experience with AWS (RDS, EC2, S3) is a plus.
- Demonstrate experience with GEOINT customer service, customer service management tools and techniques, and enabling technologies, to include data and products. Work with Analytical customers (authors) to convey GEOINT to customers.
- Minimum 7 years’ of systems engineering program management and/or senior leadership experience within the IC.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS) communication and visualization tools (Tableau) to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis.
- Demonstrate experience implementing Microsoft Excel pivot tables, v-lookups and/or macros.