SAIC has a career opening for a System Administrator Senior in Cary, North Carolina.
- The System Administrator Senior is responsible for installing, operating, securing, and maintaining physical/virtual Microsoft based servers in support of Active Directory.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies, procedures, and Change Management process.
- Conducts routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment.
The successful candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Install, configure, secure, and administer Enterprise Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS applications for the Army National Guard Enterprise.
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
- Capable of researching and resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma and nine (9) years or more experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience
- 5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft)
- Experience maintaining Microsoft’s Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS services
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 platforms
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a SECRET security clearance
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire)
Shift: Day Job