** ENHANCED SIGN-ON BONUS **
SAIC Hiring Priority – This position is eligible for a $20K Sign on Bonus *(pre-taxed)
SAIC is seeking a RF Engineer-Senior for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team supporting an exciting mission that impacts National Security.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform technical analysis and provide technical support in the development of technologies (RF, cyber, satellite, cellular, etc) to enable end-to-end Special Communications (SC) capabilities
- Develop and perform analytical procedures to document and manage changing requirements and capabilities/technologies
- Develop SC prototype systems
- Perform gap analyses to include cost estimates for recommended solutions
- Review technical journals and bulletins to identify promising technologies
- Conduct RF band vulnerability assessments for evolving SC capabilities
- Recommend new initiatives that leverage existing transport architectures
- Provide technical expertise to the SC Roadmap, Investment Strategy, Strategic Plans, and Enterprise Strategy efforts
- Conduct studies and analysis supporting engineering, technology assessments, and system engineering requirements
- Perform abbreviated technical analysis of alternatives to determine the best approach to meet the mission requirements
- Provide advice on operational planning in support of fielding special communications capabilities and related technologies
- Create plans to field SC technologies in various geographical settings/environments
- Assist in the development of transition paths to customers
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI security clearance and must be willing and able to pass a CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physical Science. Minimum of 14 years or more experience in the engineering field with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with the Intelligence Community.
- Experience in Research, Development, Test and Engineering (RDT&E) and operations of Radio Frequency (RF) systems to include satellites and cellular platforms
- Minimum of 5 years or more of relevant experience working with Intelligence Community
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physical Science
- Working experience at the Defense Intelligence Agency
- Working experience at the National Reconnaissance Office
- Working experience with TRIDENT SPECTRE and/or TALENT SHADOW demonstration exercises
- Experience with Covert/Clandestine SIGINT systems, Ground based/Air platform/Maritime platform Electronic Warfare systems
- Experience with Ka/Ku band satellite uplink/downlink, satellite’s X-band and Ka-band signals, Digital, RF, Software Defined Radios and Networks, Antenna Design, Spread Spectrum LPI (low probability of intercept), LPD (low probability of detection), LPE (low probability of exploitation) systems, Frequency Hopping Systems and Jammers
- Experience with Small/niche autonomous sensors, networked sensors, miniaturized sensors, miniaturized tracking devices and data delivery systems
- Experience with Secure cellular (4G/5G) communications, secure internet-based communications
- Experience with Electronic Surveillance and/or Tracking Detection, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Advanced Cyber Communication Capabilities, understanding and identification of intercepted signals, geolocation and/or exploitation of signals in near real-time, PNT (position, navigation, and timing), utilization of machine learning for secure communication, visible light communication, free space optical technologies, and waveform development
IoT Device Sensing and Simulation, Automotive Telematics Exploitation Capabilities, Electronic Surveillance and/or Tracking Detection, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Advanced Cyber Communication Capabilities, software defined radios and networks, advanced architectures, understanding and identification of intercepted signals, geolocation and/or exploitation of signals in near real-time, PNT (position, navigation, and timing), utilization of machine learning for secure communication, visible light communication, free space optical technologies, and waveform development, discrete, hard to detect, reliable, easy to use, device agnostic, capable of secure data transmission without linking destination and source, low profile, LPI (low probability of intercept), LPD (low probability of detection), LPE (low probability of exploitation), leverage multiple or unique transmission methods.