You will support the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) / Business Intelligence (BI) (EDW / BI) program for the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA), headquartered at Fort Lee, Virginia. DeCA operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families. The program provides DeCA’s managers, from the store to the headquarters level, an operational decision support capability that was developed using state-of-the-art technology incorporating commercially available hardware and software.
Gather business data requirements, perform business systems analysis, and transform business requirements into logical data models so that it can be collected once and used for many purposes, perform business analysis, create the architecture for data warehouse components to improve access to information relevant in the decision making process, and possess a demonstrated competency using Erwin data modeling products. Design, develop and guide the use of data and databases for complex, enterprise-wide database integration, analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems and develop logical and physical data models to enhance enterprise-wide databases, possess expertise in data management, data warehousing data/design components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, and Data Model) and their integration. Development of an overall architecture and a high- level design, must have a thorough understanding of reporting and analytical tools, ETL tools, database engines, data design and technical infrastructure, bring a methodology and lead the development for the next generation data warehouse by designing an efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings.
- Develop and maintain logical data models
- Develop and maintain physical data models
- Develop and maintain data modeling standards
- Gather business data requirements
- Perform analysis of existing and emerging data assets
- Participate in new application development projects, identifying and documenting new data structures and changes to existing data environments and models
- Review and approve changes to all new or modified database objects
- Integrate business data into the enterprise data model
- Perform data quality assessments, identifying discrepancies to the appropriate application for resolution
- Research and resolve data interface, data quality, data integrity issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years relevant experience
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a clearance