SAIC has a contingent job opportunity fr a Tier III Instructor to support a potential upcoming contract in support of the Navy. This position will be located in Everett, WA, and is contingent upon contract award.
The Tier III Instructor:
- Provides Senior level instruction for Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) training programs. Includes instruction and technical training for operations and / or maintenance of Aegis Combat system, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), SQQ-89, Tactical Data Links, and other systems that can be used in the ships Combat Information Center (CIC). Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives. Assignments may include needs analysis, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, evaluation and learning assessments of instruction and curriculum, supporting development and evaluation of technical docs and pubs. Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations. Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content. Assists and supports creation of course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT). May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives. Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed. May require support to administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches. May support the evalution and/or oversight of contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer instructor-lead training teams and programs.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution or four years of experience in lieu of degree, plus five (5) years of more experience.
- Eight (8) years’ Experience (Including education) with the applicable system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. Relevant experience in the fields of surface, subsurface, integrated air and missile defense, Strike, or C4I is required.
- Of the eight (8) years, two (2) years’ experience as an Instructor in a formal Navy individual training environment, to include; presentation skills, public speaking skills, curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems. Including (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
- Active Secret Level Clearance