SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for an Instructor Leader to support a Navy Customer in Dam Neck, Virginia Beach, VA. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Instructor Leader:
- Provides instructional leadership for training teams in the support of Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) training programs provided.
- Classroom, lecture, and technical training for operations and / or maintenance of Aegis Combat system, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), SQQ-89, Tactical Data Links, and other systems that can be used in the ships Combat Information Center (CIC).
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives. Assignments may include needs analysis, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, evaluation and learning assessments of instruction and curriculum, supporting development and evaluation of technical docs and pubs. Responsibilities also include analysis of the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborates with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content.
- Assists and supports creation of course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- May develop exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates training programs, assesses results, and implements enhancements as needed. May require support to administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches.
- May support the evalution and/or oversight of contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer instructor-lead training teams and programs.
- Provides leadership level instruction for Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) training programs to include shipboard systems and tactics.
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives.
BASIC EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or four (4) years experience in lieu of degree, plus six (6) years of related experience.
- Five (5) years of experience with the shipboard system or tactics taught by the supported school as an instructor with responsibility for teaching the system or tactics to others.
- Four (4) out of the above 5 years includes experience as an instructor in a Naval Training Environment teaching material relevant to combat system maintenance, operation, employment or tactics and includes writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials, and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Active Secret Clearance.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.