SAIC is seeking a GEOINT Systems Engineer to support the Landmark GSS contract. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA, and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
In this role, you will perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Basic GEOINT understanding
- Traditional Systems Engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with IV&V and system testing and SE readiness reviews
- Good verbal and writing communications
- Understand the objectives and mission of the customer to ensure that the requirements appropriately address customer needs
- Work closely with the Government customer and make recommendations related to management of the requirements
- Experience with review Requests For Change (RFC) and RFC development
- Conduct end to end integration and successful oversight of specific directed capabilities
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise and with external stakeholders
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline with 9 years of experience; professional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
- Proficiency applying SE&I (e.g., processes, mission needs engineering & analysis and I/F definition, project planning/IMS, IV&V, and transition, risk and readiness management)
- Knowledge of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture including mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Experience supporting agile acquisition strategy, development and release planning, as well as continuous integration initiatives supporting mission capability releases enabling End to End GEOINT missions
- Proven communication skills especially with senior (Lt Colonel and above) government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and collaborate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Familiarity with overall GEOINT ground customer, including technical familiarity with mission control and/or processing of one or more GEOINT systems (including sensor knowledge)
- Ability to work for prime contract’s IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization