SAIC is seeking a BD/Capture leader to focus on DoD space-related growth and capture initiatives. The position is a direct report to the Director, Space Strategy, Defense Space Systems and is responsible for identifying and/or creating opportunities and executing the capture of opportunities approved for pursuit. This position will focus on space development related activities with customers such as USSF, SDA, SSDP, AFRL, SpEC OTA, SpRCO, and DARPA; however, other BD/capture activities may be assigned. Qualified candidates must possess deep understanding of DoD space systems and organizations with effective management and leadership of capture teams and the ability to effectively interact with key customer decision makers.
Position requires an active TS Clearance with SSBI with current TS/SCI highly desirable
SAIC will consider any location but preferred locations are Colorado Springs and El Segundo.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze opportunity space across assigned customers and develop a capture pipeline
- For each opportunity develop and execute a capture plan to include customer engagement, demos, and white papers aimed at influencing opportunities in a way that increases SAIC Pwin.
- Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes – with emphasis on win strategies – themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements
- Assess probable competition and evaluate relative strengths and threats -- conduct Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advance strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identify gaps and develop strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conduct and participate in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; lead and documents lessons learned
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manage assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
- Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensure integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; support assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assume accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- BS Degree in a related technical discipline and 18+ years of relevant experience or the equivalence of a Masters with 16+ years or PhD with 8+ years
- Must have at least 10 years of cumulative DoD space industry experience with minimum of 5 years of capture management or related business experience in space related development and services opportunities.
- Strong technical understanding of DoD space enterprise, capabilities, systems, architectures and trends.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in capture process
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus)
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
- Proven success at building competitive proposal solutions
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate and customer structure
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
- Must have the ability to travel as needed in support of BD and capture activities
- Active TS Clearance with recent SSBI investigation required.
- Advanced Degree
- Current TS/SCI Clearance