Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in Aurora, CO, who assist the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation space and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for an Interface Management Engineer with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures. We are looking for an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to identify, control, maintain, and evolve an enterprise requirements baseline, reflecting internal and external systems interfaces and utilizing Model-Based Systems Engineering software. A successful Interface Management Engineer will possess knowledge and experience with space and ground systems engineering, system concepts of operations, requirements development, and interface management activities.
Major duties of the position include:
- Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent across each capability area
- Ensuring all operational, enterprise, program, and interface requirements are appropriately documented and maintained in Model-Based Systems Engineering software and flow to the correct technical interfaces
- Maintaining the technical baseline, including identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement traceability to sell-off verification and test events
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving interface requirements as required in support of systems engineering and integration efforts
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with demonstrated system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs with a proven delivery record. Relevant system engineering and integration experience to be evaluated and considered for acceptability in lieu of technical Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, engineering review boards, and change control boards
- Experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met
- MW Mission experience
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
- Experience working with Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools, such as SPARX Enterprise Architect or No Magic CAMEO
- Top Secret with Current SSBI
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.