SAIC is looking for a Logistics Manager to support an exciting new program located in the Oxnard, CA area. This position will be in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center and the expected contract will begin in May of this year.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Leader to understand critical warfighting systems and optimize their designs and associated processes to ensure these combat essential products are useable and sustainable in the demanding military environment. The APML’s responsibilities include interfacing with customers on product supportability, analyzing product requirements, ensuring ergonomic and maintainable designs, optimizing workflows and processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that products meet the letter and spirit of the user’s needs.
You should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are good value to the tax-payers, easy to maintain, and are quality.
- Reviewing schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Developing design, production, and sustainment standards in cooperation with management and customers/users.
- Managing material and equipment lists, optimizing the supply chain, and supporting cost analyses (development, production, and sustainment).
- Designing the laboratories, prototyping, production, and repair facilities and matching the personnel need to these tasks.
- Developing and executing operator and maintainer training.
- Developing technical maintenance and operator manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics related field and 15 years of related experience; or a Master’s degree in Logistics or a related field and 13 years of experience.
- Logistics Project Management experience.
- Navy supply system and Navy aircraft maintenance system.
- Defense Acquisition Life cycle Compliance Baseline experience.
- Experience with DoD Planning, Programing, Budget and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Must have an active Secret clearance; higher level of clearance acceptable.
- Industrial Engineering or manufacturing.