SAIC is seeking a Remote Electronic Warfare Cryptologic Technical Technician (CTT). This is a work from home position, but must be local to Norfolk, VA.
SAIC’s mission to protect the American Warfighter every day by working on the Surface
Electronic Warfare Improvement Program or SEWIP
program. SEWIP is an evolutionary acquisition and incremental development
program to upgrade the existing AN/SLQ-32(V) electronic warfare system.
will be the local technical expert on the AN/SLQ-32(v)6 - the latest fielded
variant of the AN/SLQ-32. It incorporates receiver, antenna and combat system
interface upgrades developed under the SEWIP Block 2 ACAT II program and adds
the High Gain High Sensitivity adjunct sensor.
- Read ships
diagrams Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) for power
distribution, LP air systems, and valve alignments for both air and water
possible interface issues over copper, fiber and RF over Fiber connections
- Aid in repairs of
the system after startup
- Provide FAM
training to sailors on the ship as part of verification testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of the SEWIP systems to include SLQ-32(v)6, CPS(TI-12, TI-12H and TI-16), CEM/RCEM, DAP, SLA-10D, LCU (six pump and one pump model), Mk 53 system, DLP, SSX-1(SEI), and HGHS
- Ability to climb ship mass (HGHS platform and SEI antenna)
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to work with harness on while aloft
- Ability to work within confined spaces (under antenna and behind racks)
- Medically cleared and ability to go underway for short periods of time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have obtained a High School Diploma or equivalent six (6) years of experience; OR Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Schoolhouse training on the AN/SLQ-32 system
- Flexibility to travel on short notice to provide on-ship support
- Must have the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Training for tasking
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.