SAIC is seeking a Computer Science professional to join our team as a software engineer. This is your opportunity have a rewarding career participating, learning and developing an invaluable skillset in the technology industry, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers. You must be a hard-working, sharp individual with a passion for software development, a positive attitude, and an intense desire to learn.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work as part of a virtual team due to COVID-19. Telework is available for candidates local to the Cookeville, TN area.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and install programs.
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts.
- Develop programs in languages, Tools and Databases such as Java, Java Script, PHP, SQL Server.
- Understand business, technical, and program requirements.
- Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Supply time estimates related to programming efforts.
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications.
- Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments.
- Perform additional duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years of related experience.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an Interim Secret clearance to begin work, and be able to obtain or possess a Secret clearance.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION
- Knowledge of and experienced in one or more programming languages (Java, Java Script, .NET, PHP, SQL Server).
- JQuery, HTML, Hibernate experience a plus.
- SQL – scripting, writing queries, basic knowledge and familiarity.
- TFS and/or Jira/Confluence knowledge and use.
- Knowledge of software design and implementation.
- Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design, ability to create simple and complex queries.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development lifecycle.
- Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback.
- Ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Solid ability to take ownership and initiative.
- Understanding of test methodology, QA process and the SDLC, understanding of how QA is performed within such a project is a plus.