SAIC is looking for a Satellite Bus RF Communications Engineer to support a dynamic program in Chantilly, Virginia. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly to start.
Provides satellite communications systems technical engineering and programmatic support to the Bus Division for all lifecycle phases of a major US Government satellite system program office.
Key Duties/responsibilities include:
- Address all technical and programmatic aspects at the system, sub-system, and unit levels
- Support preparation for and participate in prime and sub-contractor technical and management meeting
- Assist in writing RFPs and evaluating proposals for all lifecycle phases, magnitudes, and levels of complexity
- Support technical assessment of requirements development, flow-down and traceability, design, manufacturing and test readiness, qualification and acceptance test procedure and data analysis sufficiency, and validation and verification plans
- Provide overall programmatic support using Earn Value Management data and overall assessment and of schedule and production performance management
- Engage in the oversight of anomaly adjudication ans resolution to support program decisions, including design, manufacturing, PMP, MA, test, and analysis activities
- Coordinate resolution of common technical and programmatic issues as necessary with other acquisition offices
- Support bus risk and opportunity identification and assessment
- Assess technology readiness levels to support program evolution
- Provide technical support for on-orbit operations and anomaly investigation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in engineering or physics, preferably Electrical Engineering and nine (9) years or more experience in satellite bus electronics subsystems; Masters in engineering or physics, preferably Electrical Engineering and seven (7) years or more experience in bus communications subsystems