Join a winning team! SAIC’s Defense System Group is seeking engineers to support the modernization of the US Army. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individaals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities. This Army Futures Command (AFC) position is located in: Warren, MI.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award in the Summer of 2021.
Job Summary: SAIC has an opening for a motivated, career, and customer oriented Senior Systems Architect to provide Systems and Operational Architecture support. We are supporting the architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions at the Enterprise level. This work establishes the modernization of future integrated systems across the Army.
- Identify and align requirements, derive system architecture and functional design, and identify associated risks to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply AFC (Army Futures Command) strategy and architecture needed to support decision making
- Consolidate current and planned system architectures
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Identify and define future capability and interoperability needs while working across multiple Offices and Organizations
- Identify critical architecture and system level trades
- Maintain data dictionary and data lineage across architecture components
- Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and fifteen (15) years or more experience
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarization with the US Army’s staff operating procedures and the Military Decision Making Process
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customer and Headquarter staff
- Experience in the development and maintenance of architecture products across the span of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), to include Project Views, Capability Views, Operational Views, System/Service Views, Standard Views and Data and Information Views.
- Familiar with and able to develop architecture artifacts using common modelling standards and languages (e.g. Unified Profile for MODAF and DoDAF (UPDM) Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modelling Language (SysML), and Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN)).
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in an existing Army program (e.g., ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems).
- Expert-level proficiency with use of architecture tool(s) to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend enterprise architecture tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Proven experience in the development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer-focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Certified Architect (e.g. DoDAF, TOGAF, UAF, MODAF, Zachman, CSEP)
- Experience in Cameo EA or similar Enterprise Architecture Tool set