SAIC is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to support DOD program in Point Loma in San Diego, CA
- Provides engineering expertise to support, maintain, develop, and test existing and new communications systems for NIWC PAC.
- Provides network-engineering expertise for the development of Submarine Communications Systems.
- Support the analysis and engineering, system architecture, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, requirements and network engineering of the implemented networks.
- Provides a high level of network engineering and system administration expertise in the development, research of components, functionality and schedules to provide recommendations to the customer.
- Maintain lab systems, provide support for testing, and provide status of progress to the customer.
- Experience working in a VMWare and MS environment and possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to lean new technologies quickly.
Required Education and Experience
- HS/GED and 9 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years or more of related experience OR Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Cisco Certified
- Security+ CE, CISSP, or CASP required
- 5+ years of core routing and switching experience
- 4+ years in hands-on translating requirements into design for networks and HCI
- Relevant experience in Hyper-converged architectures
- Relevant experience in Cisco Networking and Firewalls/ASAs
- Relevant experience in network management and control
- Excellent Communications Skills are imperative
- Establish equipment configurations in support of operational requirements.
- Firewall configuration
- Experience with backup and restoring systems
- Ability to design and implement network architecture
- Strong computer and networking skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of current applicable military and commercial standards and specifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Visio, Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word).