SAIC is seeking a Space Systems Engineer with strong verbal and written communication skills to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services. The successful candidate will provide value-added judgement on a full spectrum of activities. The position requires a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform general program management functions on a daily basis, to include milestone/status tracking, inter-organizational coordination and liaison, prepare and provide briefings/presentations, and review/edit/update classified documentation
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- Possess ability to proactively perform daily duties with little/no oversight or supervision
- Possess excellent data management skills and use of appropriate tools, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, etc.
- Understand and utilize multiple classifications of information and work with organization at the classified and unclassified level
- Technical advisement resulting in the successful development, integrating, testing and deployment a system for one or more customers.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- General knowledge of satellite constellations, spacecraft orbit, and ground station characteristics
- Knowledge of ground terminals
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment and operational maintenance
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Understand NRO organization and subordinate directorates
- Understand and operate in a dynamic, multi-organizational environment