SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide support to the Range Network Systems Engineering & Integration (RN SE&I) contract supporting the US Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC). The program acquires services to modernize and sustain the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and the Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO). SAIC is seeking a System Engineer with experience in Defense Acquisition Processes for the RN SE&I contract to support Government Project Managers on LTRS. Duties will include:
- PM acquisition support for LTRS projects
- Develop Tech Eval package for Proposals
- Development of Statement of Objectives and/or Statement of Work for projects on LTRS
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements.
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation of Launch Range and Network systems.
- Review and assess contractor designs, conduct trade studies on alternative system design approaches.
- Coordinate and complete Readiness Assessment for each milestone (PRR, PDR, CDR IRR and TRR)
- Assist the Government PM on developing Entrance Criteria, Acceptance Criteria and Exit Criteria for design reviews
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and background in DoD Acquisition Processes.
- Experience with MS Project or relevant planning software.
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems, define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis, assessments and trades and explain results of technical studies in a systems engineering context.
- Demonstrates understanding of performance and requirements analysis techniques, and acceptance testing strategies/methodologies.
- Possess basic theory and concept of operation of range instrumentation and network architectures.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess and maintain a minimum of a Secret security clearance
- Project cost estimating experience
- Risk management experience
- DoD planning and programming or relevant experience
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.