SAIC is seeking a 4th/5th Generation Operations Integration SME to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program; this position is in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Integration Support SME will:
- Implement and facilitate 4th/5th Generation Distributed Training Integration, coordinating 4th/5th Gen integration into US, joint, and multinational exercises. Assist with 4th or 5th Gen replication during these exercises.
- Conduct Live Virtual Constructive/Live Synthetic and Blended (LVC/LSB) integration events implementing Network and Cross Domain Solutions (CDS)
- Implement US, NATO, and 5-eyes releasable TTPs for 4th/5th Gen aircraft simulators/simulations.
- Coordinate with other WPC agencies to integrate 4th and 5th generation events or tests. Analyze problems discovered in testing prior exercises or operations and advise higher levels of management on the feasibility of different approaches to provide a basis for better planning of operations.
- Support the operational and technical aspects of USAFE-AFAFRICA LVC/LSB theater integration and promote the interchange of information on exercise requirements, capabilities, deficiencies, and technology applications for the program.
- Implement and document 4th/5th Generation LVC/LSB capabilities in USAFE theater events and seek to incorporate such capabilities to improve WPC projects and plans. Integrate existing theater LVC/LSB capabilities with emerging technologies and approaches, enhancing the fidelity and availability of theater LVC/LSB environments.
- Link WPC capabilities with theater Joint and Coalition LVC/LSB capabilities to support realistic warfighter training.
The following skills are required:
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Fourth or fifth Generation Fighter aircrew experience
- Simulation or Distributed Mission Operations experience
- Experience with the development and execution of Joint/Coalition exercises and training
- Waiver of individual experience/qualification requirements will be addressed by DTC on a case-by-case basis and approved by the FEDSIM COR or CO
- Active Secret Clearance and ability to obtain a TS/SCI
The following skills are desired:
- Fourth or fifth Generation Integration or Program Office experience
- Experience developing Blended LVC Exercise and Training events