SAIC is searching for a new Internal Audit Analyst to join their team. This position can be worked remotely.
The successful candidate will participate in Financial, Operational and Compliance audits performing procedures ranging from detail transaction testing to evaluating and establishing audit scopes. Candidate will evaluate business processes and activities of various functional organizations for compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and company policies and procedures. Candidate is expected to conduct audit projects independently with minimum supervision, work closely with audit managers assessing effectiveness of internal controls and drafting management comments and recommendations. Candidate will also be expected to effectively carry on other investigations requested by management. The position requires less than 5% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment
- Serve as liaison to process owners for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, which includes leading process and control walkthroughs, performing operational effectiveness testing, and assisting with remediation of deficiencies
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting business processes and procedures. Assist with internal investigations.
- Perform audits in a professional manner with agreed upon scope and milestone estimates in accordance with audit program
- Conduct interviews, review supporting documents, and prepare testing worksheets
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Communicate audit results and consulting project conclusions via written reports or oral presentations to management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business field from an accredited college or university, and at least three years of full-time experience in auditing at a large or mid-tier audit firm or corporate internal audit function preferably in Government Contracting; Master’s Degree and one year of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of internal controls, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various levels of management
- Proficient with MS Excel or other data analytic tools
- Possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility and critical tasks simultaneously
- Candidate must be able to work in a high paced team environment and must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or related certification
- First-hand experience auditing large government contracting corporations and knowledge of government contracting terminology, concepts, and practices
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Knowledge of DCAA business systems audit would be considered a plus
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint, IDEA, ACL