The Environmental Scientist III has a comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards, and can effectively apply this knowledge. The person in this position works under minimal supervision, participates in setting assignment objective, plans his/her own task schedule to satisfy objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Working effectively in both the office and field.
- Balancing multiple priorities to achieve strict deadlines within budget.
- Conducting and overseeing environmental investigations and assessments in accordance with state and federal regulatory guidelines and as directed by Project Management staff.
- Adhering to schedule and financial objectives, controlling time and expenditures to achieve project goals.
- Determining data collection methods to be employed in site surveys and investigations.
- Collecting and interpreting field screening and analytical data; perform data validation as necessary
- Planning projects and preparing project submittals, including work plans and reports, in accordance with State of Alaska regulations and Federal regulations, including CERCLA
Performing subcontractor oversight and management.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Environmental Science, or a related discipline
- 4-7 years of experience in the environmental science industry
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including Word and Excel
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of federal and State of Alaska environmental regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to take personal initiative, and to perform duties with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Able to critically evaluate situations against project goals to identify innovative and effective solutions
Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience in the environmental consulting industry
- Proficiency with Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Current HAZWOPER certificate
- Current OSHA 30-Hour certificate
- Experience in federal government projects
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.