SAIC is seeking a Linux Modeling & Simulation System Engineer to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The Linux Modeling and Simulation System Engineer will:
- Support exercise core services or comparable technology with Linux software platforms and integrate them with Windows software platforms in accordance with Distributed Training Center (DTC) projects, exercise plans, and designs.
- Create standard operating procedures, maintenance checklists, monitor all performance and functionality of classified and unclassified networks, and provide accurate elevation drawings.
- Linux Engineer Operations: The Contractor shall support all Linux systems at DTC, Build and deploy both physical and virtual Linux servers and workstations, ensure all security updates are current in support of DTC.
- Identify and submit innovative M&S solutions to enhance existing capabilities.
- Bachelor's and 9 years or more of experience; Masters and 7 yrs, PhD/JD and 4yrs or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 10 years' experience
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification (Security+ Certification)
- Experience working in a distributed environment using both DIS and HLA protocols
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of Linux system administration and scripting
- Experience developing engineering network solutions and technical diagrams, as well as providing port and protocol information for specified systems
- Experience working in a virtual computing environment and VMWare
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with Hyper convergence technology, VDI zero client architecture
- Familiarity with layer 2 and layer 3 networking devices (switches/routers), software engineering principles and programming
- Experience with JLVC/JLCCTC Federations, Air Focre Modeling and Simulation Training Toolkit, HDC/Tree Router/JSPA, Oracle Installation/updates, Yum Repository builds, NFS server builds and networking