SAIC is seeking a Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidates will work with formal software and hardware testing, in advanced networking (IPv4,IPv6 and routing, communications and HW/SW upgrade policies and procedures in the tactical environment),
- Working with test tools utilized to simulate data input or data capture, experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a simulation environment.
- Analysis of HWIL test data and tactical communications experience. Knowledge of Air and Missile Systems experience is desired.
- Occasionally, team member will be asked to do general labor activities such as build/run cabling, do routine organization of lab facilities, and provide support to inventory efforts.
- Execute test plans, test cases, and test procedures from the defined test objectives that for the system under test.
- Performs tests of software and/or hardware computer systems to ensure proper operation and tracking of defects for tactical equipment and test tool environments.
- The position will require acting as test operator for simulated ground and flight tests at the IAMD Government-System Integration Laboratory (G-SIL) during flight test activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with the test environment of computer based systems and system interfaces.
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) testing and writing test plans and procedures.
- Good advanced background in software and HWIL best practices and procedures required.
- Experience with formal software and hardware testing, experience in advanced networking (IPv4,IPv6 and routing, communications and HW/SW upgrade policies and procedures in the tactical environment), experience with test tools utilized to simulate data input or data capture, experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a simulation environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Wireshark, Windows 10, and Linux like systems a plus.
- Candidate must have a basic understanding of the following : Cisco routers/switches, internal and external routing protocols, layer 2 protocols, multicast, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, Wireshark, and network timing systems, troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling and assisting in HW/SW upgrades; and collaborating with network architects.
This position requires an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain full Secret clearance.