SAIC is seeking a Collection Orchestration Engineer to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA. All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
This position will provide specialized engineering expertise supporting the acquisition analysis of multi-intelligence (multi-INT) software services. SAIC’s client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation and information sharing. The qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise.
- Lead technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues; and provide engineering and technical advice to the customer to achieve innovative capabilities for collection orchestration
- Provide program management and technical engineering support to the Government customer to manage collection orchestration programs; execute and evaluate cost, performance, schedule and risks throughout the program life-cycle
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify technical debt, architectural runway and efficiency trade-offs against current and proposed/desired cloud-based software system design
- Provide acquisition and programmatic expertise to support the planning of future systems and architectures, and oversight of development contractors
- Develop briefings and documentation material for Program / Project Manager’s engagements, including developing technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Leads SAFe agile process evolution across Government teams, development contractors, user engagement teams, and stakeholders
You will work side-by-side with the other LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline and 9 years total experience (or a MS degree + 7 years or a PhD + 4 years)
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical, cost and schedule performance of software development programs
- Demonstrated understanding of federal acquisition processes.
- Strong engineering background with knowledge of software architectures and spacecraft ground systems
- 2+ years of experience supporting system architecture, design or development in an AWS/C2S environment
- Domain knowledge in Agile software development practices and Cloud computing architectures
- Experience in Dev/Sec/Ops delivery of software capabilities for AWS/C2S optimized environments
- Expertise and experience with the IC acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition documentation
- Experience monitoring developer progress via agile metrics, identifying risks, discrepancies, and performance issues
- Certification in agile software development methods (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience managing cyclical and continual prioritization of Solution-level Kanban / Backlog across programs/teams
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification