SAIC is a leading provider of IT Systems and Software Development and Deployment within the Intelligence Community. We are seeking a strong candidate to serve as a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer for an accessibility program in a software development and IT applications support organization. The organization is interested in improving accessibility of its internal IT systems. Accessibility in this context includes following and implementing user interface requirements and other reasonable accommodations in application design to make systems more usable for all users (e.g. Section 508 Compliance).
The primary responsibilities include the following:
- Use User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) skills to design and shape Human Centered Design (HCD) products and experiences.
- Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to develop requirements and define solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
- Create interaction models, flows and user interface specifications.
- Conduct research, perform user testing, and evaluate feedback of applications and websites.
- Define visual elements, product elements, and overall design.
- Design wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in UI engineering, UX programming, UI/UX Design, Human Factors or related positions.
- Demonstrated experience designing complete UI/UX that meet Sponsor’s needs and vision.
- Demonstrated experience iterating designs and solutions efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience using wire-framing tools, storyboards and user flows.
Optional Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems, Information Technology, Human Factors or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated experience using UI/UX design best practices and technology trends.
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA.