SAIC is currently seeking an experienced Linux and UNIX Administrator to operate and maintain Red Hat and Oracle Linux (Release 7 and 8), and HP-UX (11.31) operating systems within a Platform Systems Services (PSS) hosting environment.
Job duties include:
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux and UNIX Servers in test, stage and production environments hosting multiple Oracle databases.
- Apply DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems.
- Responsible for daily system monitoring, security, server health, resources and log management of all Linux and UNIX systems.
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, hardware, and user access.
- Work closely with Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs) group.
- This position requires an active DOD Secret clearance.
- Possess (or be able to possess within 6 months) DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience or HS equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Linux and HP-UX Server Administrations.
- Solid knowledge of Linux Networking concepts
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with applying patches to implement functionality or address security concerns.
- Hands on experience with Oracle Linux (OEL) and Oracle Database Appliances (ODA).
- Oracle Certified Associate or Professional certification, or similar Red Hat certifications.
- IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
- Experience with Oracle Support system with opening tickets and downloading patches.