SAIC is looking for one or more experienced Systems, Mechanical, or Electrical, or Manufacturing Technicians to provide support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport; other US Navy Warfare Centers, laboratories, and Naval Sea Systems Command Program Offices; specifically with:
Candidates will be responsible to work in a team environment with government and SAIC engineers to design, development, test and implement modern systems for the U.S. Navy.
- Develop business case, requirements, system definition and system architectures for design and development efforts
- Perform component and architecture trade studies to determine optimal system solutions
- Participate in various technical and program meetings
- Assist in the development/review of all engineering documentation
- Perform analysis and updates to baseline changes for Platform Systems as they are designed or modified
- Ability to read design documents, generate high-level interface block diagrams, and produce innovative designs incorporating commercial equipment, to support the development of new technologies, design and operational concept development and analysis of advanced development concepts
- Understand risk assessments and apply sound risk management practices
- Ability to work to an overall Integrated Master Schedule
- Develop system life cycle documentation for concept design, requirements engineering, system architecture, system design and development, System Integration, Test & Evaluation and Transition Operation and Maintenance efforts
- HS Diploma
- Candidates will have a range of experience in Navy undersea programs. Interested in both junior technicians and those with direct experience supporting programs in industry or the Government.
- Experience/knowledge of system engineering processes related to US Navy undersea systems and platforms.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DOD SECRET or higher security clearance with the US government.
- Experience/knowledge of land-based test equipment/applications.