What you’ll get to do
Definitive Logic is currently seeking experienced Trainers/Functional Analysts in Tampa, FL
to join our existing team. You will be responsible for providing functional support, training, and application help desk support to our clients in order to ensure timely and accurate submission of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Budget Estimate Submission (BES), President’s Budget (PB), and Funds Execution products.
Be a leader in our high performing team that provides initial and refresher training to Enterprise personnel on our client’s existing and future Financial Management Systems, Applications, Analytics and Reporting tools using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) – Hyperion, and Cognos. In short, this position will operate as a trusted advisor that helps our customers achieve their goals.
- Business Process
- Develop, refine, and master their knowledge of each business cycle
- Work with users on how to best leverage the system to perform their respective functions
- Assist, explain and demonstrate solutions
- Work with users to document requirements and submit Change Requests for new business processes or changes to existing processes
- Serve as liaison between the users and the technical team to ensure system modifications meet stated requirements and objectives
- Master Data Management
- Gain a conceptual understanding of master data elements, their dependencies, and relationships when entering data to the system
- Gain the ability to identify other areas affected and additional information required
- Coordinate with users and leadership to verify information accuracy
- Enter and update new and existing master data elements
- Track, troubleshoot and resolve data related issues
- End User Support and Training
- Provide superior customer support
- Troubleshoot end user issues and assist in resolutions and escalate to the technical team as needed
- Assist the team with providing visibility into all resource information invaluable to senior leaders in the decision-making process
- Create templates to support mass data updates and global adjustments (Currently using SmartView)
- Leverage application-specific query cubes to assist end users with data validation.
- Utilize Oracle UPK to create/enhance training materials for applications, analytics, and reporting tools
- Provide initial refresher training courses to all personnel using or relying on USSOCOM Financial Management Systems and Applications
- Training platforms will include in-person classroom, virtual, and individual desk-side
- Provide advanced level training on how to create and use custom financial reports, analytics, and dashboards
Your qualifications for this position will include:
- Create, maintain, and deliver annual training plans
- Make recommendations for types of training, frequency, target audience, delivery format, and materials
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 5+ years’ experience as a functional analyst in support of DoD’s Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) processes; OR a High School diploma coupled with 9+ years’ experience.
- Must have recent experience with one or more of the following financial applications:
- Oracle technologies
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) – Hyperion
- Should be familiar with Cognos financial applications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Familiarization with DoD/USSOCOM financial data structures, elements, and hierarchies including, but not limited to the USSOCOM Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution System - Management Information System (PPBES-MIS) and the Financial Information System (FIS).
- Candidate must possess or be able to acquire a DoD Secret clearance.
Definitive Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion, or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, or national origin.