Definitive Logic is seeking an experienced Java Software Architect. The optimal candidate will design and architect enterprise solutions with the full stack in mind.
- Work with clients to elicit, refine, and document requirements
- Architect solutions from the data to the user experience
- Data modeling, process modeling, and rapid prototyping
- Direct and oversee development and business intelligence teams
- Plan, prioritize, and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Use version management and issue tracking software to document all changes
- Develop necessary SQL Server and Oracle database structures
- Coordinate with the team for release and configuration management
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar
- 5-10 years experience in Java Applications Development
- Support critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems
- Contribute software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications
- Follow established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement
- Develop complex application features and create technical designs
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- Analyze and gather requirements and convert project specifications, problems and procedures to create detailed design flowchart for coding.
- Research, develop and write complex high end, mission critical, role-based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues.
- Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Coordinate end to end runs and provide production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
- Use technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
- Analyze and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
- Perform SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
- Implements core J2EE code to support Enterprise Applications and Services
- J2EE, JSP, Unix Scripting, HTML 5, CSS 3
- Experience with app servers: Jboss Application server, Weblogic Application server, Apache Tomcat server
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Experience with Web Services and XML
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented software development
- Application architecture experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Secret Clearance Required
- Leadership and client management ability.
- Business process analysis, mapping, and design
- Understanding of project management tools and techniques