SAIC is seeking a SAFe Certified Product Owner (PO) Team Manager for its NAVAIR Aviation Logistics Environment (ALE) Product Line Systems and Software Support Services for the V-22 Osprey.
Note: This is Partial Telework role where the employee with work up to 4 days Remote and will need to attend meetings at the SAIC San Diego, CA office.
- Responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog along with the stakeholders to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team.
- Ensure that value is maximized by meeting user’s needs and complying with the definition of done.
- Support the sustainment of ALE product lines in the field and produce, implement, and deliver software changes to maintain interoperability for the Comprehensive Automated Maintenance Environment – Optimized (CAMEO).
- Operate as a Senior member of an Agile development team and will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, interfacing refactored capabilities with existing legacy systems.
- Lead the full development lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment) of complex applications utilizing SAFe framework
- Conduct sprint planning and execution
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the technical leadership, and other engineers
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined, but always considers the customer first
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the development team
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Lead teams to deliver software components on time, at full capability
- Synchronizing software actions and efforts with program management, hardware design, integration, test, maintenance, and on site delivery.
- Work closely with other Engineers, IT Project Specialists, Test, and Cyber to develop the best technical design and approach for product sustainment
- Owns the team backlog
- Lead Iteration Planning and accept iteration increments
- Define and maintain user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understand enabler work and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical paths
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives
- Coordinate dependencies with other POs
- Work across teams to define and implement improvement stories that increase the program’s quality
- Mentoring other engineers in the art of building complex systems
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in computer science or a related major and nine (9) years or more experience; OR Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; OR PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 3+ years Product Owner experience leading SAFe or Agile Teams to include delivering software components on time, at full capability.
- 7+ years of experience with object-oriented (OO) programming
- Skilled in project management and technical management techniques, principles, and practices in a software development environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading full life cycle development on large, integrated DoD systems, including requirements development and interpretation, design, implementation and test, fielding and maintenance.
- Experience leading and managing cross functional teams in the development and integration of distributed, real-time software systems.
- Demonstrated experience in performing stakeholder management in a large, complex Development program.
- Experience using agile metrics to manage and optimize a large development organization.
- Possess strong problem-solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast-paced development cycles.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Must have or be willing to obtain Certified SAFe Product Owner / Scrum Manager or willing to get certified within 60 days of hire
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance. Active DOD Secret clearances accepted.