SAIC currently has an opening for a Purchasing Assistant/Storefront Clerk. Location is Schofield Barracks, HI.
This is an entry level temporary-to-potentially full-time regular employment status.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This Purchasing Assistant position requires heavy phone work and emails including calling suppliers and expediting requests for quote (RFQ) responses and purchase order (PO) shipments.
- Provide quality customer support and customer assistance.
- The Purchasing Assistant will process vendor acknowledgements, collect and review requested vendor PO documentation, close out purchase orders, receipt and cross dock administrative functions and post other information into our purchasing system.
- Will review and resolve shipping and payroll discrepancies; assist buyers, storefront personnel, program managers and other team members.
- Will perform data entry, run status reports, file, customer checkouts and perform other general administrative and storefront duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School and 0 years related experience.
Experience in purchasing activities, i.e., supplier/vendor expediting, RFQs, follow-up with requests, and resolving shipping discrepancies is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must.