Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the U.S. Air Force and Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Engineer with experience assessing space and ground system architectures and system performance. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex
This role provides systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's (SMC) MW and SBEM mission areas. Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
- Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering with 12+ years of demonstrated system engineering and integration experience (equivalently a similar Bachelor's Degree with 14+ years, or PhD with 9+ years)
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools, including Matlab and System Toolkit
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and working well in a team environment
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Active TS with SSBI
- Experience working in an Agile team/framework
- Experience with AFSIM, MODTRAN, SSGM, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Sparx Enterprise Architect, NoMagic Cameo or other comparable tools
- OPIR and SBEM Mission experience is highly desirable