SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to support our team in the DCMV area. This position can be worked primarily remote in the DCMV area but will require occassional attendance at the customer site in Upper Marlboro, MD. The Software Engineer at SAIC's Identity and Data Sciences Laboratories (IDSL) will be part of the software development team which builds applications to gather, process, and store biometric data, such as face, fingerprint, and iris images, to evaluate the performance of commercial biometric and identity systems. The IDSL operates the Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org) a recognized leader in large scale technology testing as well as a cloud-based biometric analytic environment (CBAE) to perform biometric evaluations on operational data spanning billions of records. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team and will take an important role in building new tools for acquiring and processing biometric data spanning both on-premises and cloud-based systems.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent focus on customer’s goals and objectives.
- Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
- Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
- Responsible for functional testing, performance testing and producing test results.
- Troubleshooting issues discovered in testing and providing technical solutions.
- Bachelors degree or Master’s degree in computer science or related field and 0 years of related experience.
- Ability to obtain DHS suitability public trust.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development.
- Experience building applications using one of the following programming languages:
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration.
- Experience building and testing in any 2 of the following technologies:
- Windows desktop applications using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Windows forms
- .NET Core
- AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
- At least 1 year of related experience.