SAIC has an immediate need for a Business Analyst supporting the Continuos Monitoring Program (CMP) team in Norfolk, VA. This position will support software development projects for the Navy Type Command (TYCOMs). The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Your role with SAIC will keep you engaged in a diverse, fast-paced government environment while interacting with government stakeholders, team members and management in addition to managing the on-going support of critical applications for our customers.
- Capture requirements, specifications, business processes, and recommendations related to proposed information technology solutions.
- Translate functional requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria for use in sprint backlogs.
- Sprint backlog administration and upkeep ensuring TFS project information is kept in synch with current project status.
- Formulate and define systems’ scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Coordinate internal communication and policy development activities, monitoring and reporting progress, managing project concerns while determining process improvements and workflows.
- Document and analyze pertinent data.
- Develop abbreviated test plans, test cases, and facilitate the execution of test plans. Assembles and documents all test results, and performs regression testing as necessary.
- Assesses and prepares to address the operational impacts, workflow, training, etc. issues of a project. Proactively provides project support and performs administrative functions.
- Establishes deadlines and personal work plans resulting in effective time management. Ensure users operations, systems, information and policy confidentiality. Adhere to government mandates, policy and procedures certifying data and system integrity. Propose innovative and creative solutions to problems with consideration of timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and (2) or more years of experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio / Team Foundation Server or similar collaborative environment.
- Agile Software development lifecycle knowledge.
- Self-motivated, professional, with demonstrated progressive experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of requirements gathering, technical writing, facilitation, testing and work flow analysis.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Visio, MS Project and the MS Office suite.
- Understands project plans and is able to articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Interim Secret clearance and able to obtain a Secret clearance.