SAIC is seeking a JR System Administrator, to support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. Location: Alexandria, VA
The System Administrator will possess the technical skills, experience to ensure the success and help the site supervisor daily with various technical needs that ensure the highest level of guaranteed service to USACE.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Assist in storage and data management, specifically file and folder permissions.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Coordinate local response to IAVA vulnerability remediation.
- Coordinate Level 3 support to the District technical personnel.
- Primary escalation POC for after hours and VIP level support requests.
- Review current workloads and ticket distribution. In coordination with ITC, reassigns priorities to ensure service delivery metrics are met. Responsible for SLR performance.
- Collaborate with the local ITC and Ops Officer to ensure the needs of the users are understood and appropriately addressed.
Required Education and Experience:
BA/BS Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level II (example: Security+ CE)
- Travel may be required.
- Comprehension of NTFS file share permissions.
- Fundamental understanding of authentication mechanisms such as Kerberos and LDAP.
- Basic networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, SSH, OpenVPN)
- Must be an independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance