JOB DESCRIPTION: Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Project Manager
SAIC seeks a space operations mission and capability subject expert to assist the Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) assess and recommend space control and space domain awareness (SDA) concepts, architectures and capabilities. The successful candidate will be able to work independently—and in coordination across the national security space enterprise—to do the following:
- review and provide recommendations on SDA-related policy, strategy and guidance
- advise and support systems engineering and integration activities, including reviewing soundness of system-level requirements and engineering artifacts, evaluating operational suitability of capabilities, and designing evaluations and experiments to influence near-term SDA operations
- evaluate and influence operational requirements for future sensor network architectures
- analyze needs, and capabilities of space control activities in support of partner organizations such as USSPACECOM, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), Untied States Space Force (USSF) and other Service Components, the Joint Task Force Space Defense (JTF-SD) and others.
Desired salary range is $125,000 k to $150,000
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
- 10 years’ experience in National Security Space operations
- 5 years’ experience in systems analysis of space or related military sensing architectures
- 5 years’ experience in systems engineering (any facet)
- 5 years’ experience in project management
- 5 years’ experience in space domain awareness operations or capability development and/or sustainment
- Systems engineering certification or academic degree focus.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.