SAIC has an opportunity for an IT Hardware Technician in Oklahoma City, OK!
- Candidates will be a key part of a team of IT professionals who provide hardware and software support for the FAA.
- Duties include diagnosing and resolving user reported issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows OS issues and much more.
- Applicant will provide tasks such as preparing end user devices for deployment, installing and configuring equipment, troubleshooting issues, and managing ticket queues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written are required for customer interactions.
- Strong initiative, teamwork and problem solving skills are also required.
- Handle service inquiries and problems to include performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of desktop PC, telephone, and peripheral equipment and systems.
- Conducts installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action.
- May make technical presentations and has a strong knowledge of products.
- Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
- Use remote control tools to assist end users when needed
- Build and configure PCs and laptops for deployment to users
- Loading and configuring end user device software
- Create and/or update tickets with details of worked performed to restore service or satisfy customer request in ticket tracking system
- Act as Tier II agent when additional subject matter expertise is required, performing analysis and actions at the direction of higher Tiered support agents, as required
- Work with the customer, users, and other supporting engineers to effectively analyze user requirements, user stories, and operations concepts and apply IT solutions to identified issues
- Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems, errors, or other related issues
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Provide feedback and insight to enable development of user training guides and videos
Required Education, Certifications, & Experience
- High School and eleven (11) years experience performing in a technical role; AA Degree in related discipline and seven (7) years related experience; OR, Bachelors Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience.
- HDI-DAST Certification or the ability to obtain a HDI-DAST certification within 60 days of hire.
- Prior Help Desk Support / Desktop Support experience
- Windows 10 experience
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and professionally represent the program
- Highly motivated individual willing to learn and apply new concepts, tools, and software
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially with other organizations
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain an Interim Public Trust clearance prior to starting work.
- A+, or other technical certification
- Customer friendly attitude