SAIC has an opportunity for a Lab Systems Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position provides SIGINT subject matter expertise to customer's Chief of OI.
- Work with government contracting officer, COTR, Program Control personnel and development contractor in evaluating new, proposed tasks orders targeting new initiatives for the labs
- Support emerging lab projects and mission applications
- Represent new mission capabilities at various multi-directorate forums
- Support lab transition efforts
- Support compliance efforts by reviewing artifacts outlining agencies positions and advise the Lab Director
- Conduct user outreach and research new system operation techniques to solve hard problems
- Consolidate and prepare weekly activity reports for the lab enterprise
- Prepare briefings for the government
- Effectively communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and government organizations; prepare and present briefings to customer on technical topics when requested
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Experience can be considered in lieu of education
- Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- Broad SIGINT expertise
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture and CONOPS development, strategic roadmaps, and integration and test.
- Hands on experience transitioning projects into operational baselines
- Experience with analyzing and assessing RFCs and ECPs and providing recommendations to customers(cost, schedule and performance)
- Familiarity with Unfunded Requirements (UFR) process, including UFR development
- Hands-on experience identifying risk, issues, and opportunities in enterprise engineering efforts
- Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer.
- Familiarity with commercial database management and virtualization software such as Oracle and VMware
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Big Six IC work experience within the past 5 years
- Industry certifications (e.g. PMP, CSEP, AWS, etc.)
- Hands-on IC, DOD, and/or industry experience with Agile method and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with NSIS
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience writing on deadline for senior IC and/or DoD officials
- Experience directly supporting SES/SIS/GO-FO personnel