SAIC is looking for a Remote Junior Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a Remote / Work from Home position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support in specialized technology areas such as requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessment, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, and/or maintenance.
- Assist in design and development of database systems.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
- Test database systems and perform bug fixes.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintains standard policies for database development activities.
- Create physical and logical database models as per the business requirements.
- Prepares documentations regarding database design, configuration and change management tasks.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline; 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Familiar with Spring/JEE and Core Java programming
- Familiar with the Linux operating system
- Familiar with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as Tomcat a plus
- Knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- DOD Secret Clearance Required to begin, an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.