SAIC is seeking a Remote Intermediate Mainframe Programmer to join our team in support of our customer at the Human Resource Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related) and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years or more experience; 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of software developer experience and knowledge of IBM Mainframe OS, COBOL, JCL, CICS, CA-DATACOM, & SQL.
- Ability to perform testing and documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance Required; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.