SAIC is seeking a Field Service Technician/Engineering Tech V located at Cannon AFB, New Mexico. When you join SAIC, you will be playing a part in fulfilling SAIC’s mission of keeping America’s war fighters safe.
In this vital position located at Cannon AFB, you will perform maintenance on the AC-130 gunship as well as act as a liaison to the Small Arms Branch at NSWC Crane, for any technical issues related to the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems. This position will require up to 50% CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- Provides technical support for the 30mm and 105mm weapons systems in the areas of field service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training support to the Air Force squadron at Cannon AFB.
- Provides on-site technical support for weapons and associated equipment used by the squadron.
- Acts as the liaison between the squadron and the Small Arms Branch at NSWC Crane, for any technical issues related to the 30mm and 105mm weapon systems.
- Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS up to 50% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of works, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance within 60 days of employment
- 6+ years of related experience in addition to the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years of preventive/corrective weapons maintenance experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of ammunition and weapons management environment experience for a total of 11 years of experience
- Possess the motivation and ability to research directives, regulations, and policies to determine solutions to problems, issues, and concerns
- Must have a commitment to customer service and be proactive in implementing policy as well as identifying and solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft office products and have the ability learn company software
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Candidate must be flexible in working a rotating 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift (M-F), with the possibility of working various weekends when required
Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS up to 50% of the time
- Dexterity in fingers of both hands
- Ability to pick up and carry 70 lbs. for a distance of fifty (50) feet
- Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties
- BMI will be in compliance with AOR and customer requirements.