SAIC is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in support of work taking place for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport’s Propulsion Test facility (PTF) in Middletown, RI. The Technical Writer will work with engineers to obtain an in-depth understanding of test procedures and processes, author and edit technical procedure documents and templates, and work to help document engineering processes into formal technical documents.
- Extract technical and process information and decisions from others and set and work towards delivery dates.
- Conversion of documents to PDFs and application of electronic signature panels.
- Development of forms in Adobe.
- Manage timelines, meet delivery dates, and work effectively with multiple concurrent tasks.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical documents.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and three (3) years’ experience; Four (4) years of additional related experience will be considered in leui of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of Technical Writing experience, including: analysis, updates and revisions of technical documents.
- Experience with Adobe.
- Expert in Microsoft Word, including demonstrated experience using: Styles to control formatting; Developer Tab functions including Restrict Editing; Quick Parts; Content Controls to lock and constrain document sections; Multi-level lists; A strong understanding of the features and limitations of the software.
- The ability to extract technical and process information and decisions from others, set and work towards delivery dates, and be self-directed are necessary in this position.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation, paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field preferred.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance