SAIC has an opportunity for a Technical Writer, Washington, DC!
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the systems / processes / procedure and the documentation requirements
- Write technical and process documentation for various audiences, including but not limited to CDRL reports, Software Design Documents, Requirements, Deployment Plans, RCAs, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Collaborate with team to write essential internal documentation that builds shared understanding
- Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Coordinate shared content and deliverables with other writers
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of related experience. 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Speaks and writes fluent, grammatically correct English
- Experience researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for senior system administrators, business analysts, and/or developers
- Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
- Self- starter and problem solver
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Strong time management and multitasking skills; attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable documenting and defining system details
- Senior level documentation and reporting skills
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance